Monday, March 31, 2014

Busy months for Ay

Ay turned 10
I can not believe this guy is 10.  He is growing up way to quick.  He loves Minecraft which is a video game where you build all kinds of things.  I don't mind it because everything they build comes from their imagination.  It is all squares so anything you build has to use there different squares.  So his cake this year was rice crispy treats colored to look like the different materials used in the game.  I love this guy.  Being affectionate is not high on his list but I love that he lets me kiss his cheek (only when I tuck him in at night) and every now and then he surprises me with a hug. 
Happy Birthday AY!!

 
This was Ay's last year to participate in the Pine Wood Derby.  He came up with the idea to make his car into a Space Shuttle and had it all drawn out.  So then he and his dad spent a day at the shop and got it all cut out.  Then I helped him with his paint job.
Here it is without the wheels.
At the races
This is Ay and one of his best buddies. 
It was a successful design because all he wanted was a trophy so 3rd place was just like winning to him.  His cute smile just beamed most of the night.
 
We decided to go have one more trip to Santa Fe while Poppa- T was in office.  One more tour of his office, the lobby and the floor. 
 


 
One last entry about Mr. Ay
This year there was about 6 of my sisters violin students who got to play with the 7th Grade Honor Orchestra.  Ay made 5th chair.  His goal next year is to make the High School Honor Orchestra as a 5th grader.  I am thinking that is a pretty great goal.

 
 
 







1 comment: